Sunday 22 January 2012

Spring 2012 semester has started


We are now back to school after the winter break. I've decided to concentrate on Corporate Finance for my MBA program. Although I have sat for CFA exams before, the Corporate Finance course at BC provides me with further in-depth knowledge. And as I mentioned before about choosing an MBA program, one of the reasons is that BC is strong in finance. And I'm happy with that decision now.

This semester we will have our Consulting Project and participate in the Diana Weiss Consulting Competition. For a story behind this prestigious competition award, you can check here. My team of five MBA students will be working with a college to develop a career center from scratch. The project will help students find jobs which better match their interests and experiences and develop a long-term successful career. Our client is pleased to work with us and we are excited to deliver meaningful results by the end of the project. The project provides great experiential learning opportunities for us as we can apply the knowledge we have learnt in class (marketing, business planning, teamwork, finance, etc.) in a real world setting in order to produce a practical implementable business plan for the client. 


No comments:

Post a Comment